[plug] not receiving ack

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Dec 15 14:56:15 WST 2002

I have a strange situation on a network with 6 servers and multiple
workstations of various platforms.
The issue is one of the servers (192.168.1.3) cannot receive nor ping
another server (192.168.1.4)on the same network.  Yet this server can
send and receive pings from any other server on the network.  The server
(1.4) has the same issue. In other words they cannot ping each other.
I've recently install portsentry and I have in it's
/etc/portsentry/portsentry.ignore file all the servers on the network.
I've install ethereal and can see requests and replies but no ACK.
Any ideal what could be stopping the ACKS.  I've turned off portsentry
and this has not made any difference.

Thanks

--
Jon Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au>