[plug] Dial up and email Scripts

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Mon Dec 16 09:13:58 WST 2002

HI, I am setting up a computer for a windows user. I will be using Debian
with Sylpheed. I need it to be easy to use. They are used to pressing check
email and the computer dials up checks and sends emails and disconnects. I
would like to do a similar thing. Maybe if they run the script from a menu
item in qvwm and it will dial up, check and send and open Sylpheed. Also if
it is possible I will need it to give them feed back as it is doing stuff
so they know it isn't just sitting there. Maybe using X message and message
such as;
"Connecting..."
"Connected, Checking Emails"
"Connected, Send Emails"
"Disconnecting"
At each stage the message would have no buttons on it and would have to be
closed by the script and the right times.
Also I think in Sylpheed that the user would click queue instead of Send?
Thanks
Tim
p.s. I have had no experience with Linux in Dial up and Emails (sending or
checking)

LinuxAlien

Riverton, Perth, WA

Australian Linux Technical Conference, Perth 2003 http://linux.conf.au -