[plug] Fwd: ECHALK: HELP REQUESTED IN ROBOTICS

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Dec 17 00:16:35 WST 2002

Dunno bout flight robotics, but parallax has some cool K8-12 level
robotics kits based on the basic-stamp. The basic stamp stuff has been
freakin awesome stuff to use in low-level embedded stuff in jobs I've
done. We built a board that interfaced a comodity VCR to RS232 in about 15
lines of human readable code. I can give you a heads up that these little
suckers are in use in mil-spec gear too (I know that because I designed
some of it and its in active service). Best of all its probably
understandable by bright kids, being basic and all. Dunno bout FLIGHT
robotics tho, but it'd be dead easy to build a servo controler for a model
plane with one.