[plug] Porn Filtering options

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Dec 17 14:27:29 WST 2002

On 17 Dec 2002 caston at iinet.net.au wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> We are looking for a solution here at HQ (http://www.hq.org.au)
> to filter porn sites from public access machines.
>
> We are looking for a list of possible solutions that you have are familiar
> with.
>
> Another member of the team has tried Squid Guard (supposed to block
> according to a back list of url's rsync'ed daily) but for some reason the
> filtering did not work.

Quite frankly, if it didn't work then it was setup wrong.

I would recomend SquidGuard  Symantic also have a product (iProxy?)
for Linux that will do what you want.  I've had little experience with it
about 2 years ago.  It was slow then, don't know about now.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!