[plug] NFS won't mount sub-mounted drives.

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Thu Dec 19 11:57:17 WST 2002

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, quoth shayne oneill:

> /bigkev guildpc7.murdoch.edu.au(rw,no_root_squash)
>
> guild.murdoch.edu.au:/bigkev  /mnt/bigkev     nfs     user

> Unfortunately this does not work....

Why not? do you get any errors (on the client or the server) when you try
to mount this?

> say I mount / and then cd into the bigkev drive, bigkev comes up
> empty (But cd'ing into it on server it comes up normally populated).

That's normal (for the new NFS code anyway)

NFS mounts no longer cross file system barriers, so if you nfs mount / you
won't be able to see /bigkev, unless you mount that as well.

 - Matt