OT [plug] Xmas and Debian 3.0r1 and XBox

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Fri Dec 20 15:59:44 WST 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 15:12, Bret Busby wrote:
    On 20 Dec 2002, Scott Middleton wrote:

    > Hi PLUGgers and  Happy Xmas
    > I prefer Merry Xmas but it seems it not politically correct anymore.

    How so? What is supposed to be wrong with ahving a merry christmas? I am
    curious.

*Apparently*  it is not cool to be drunk anymore and to say "have a
Merry Christmas" means  "have a drunk Christmas". At least that is
explanation i have been told. Although i have also been told the word
"merry" and the word "gay" mean (in a traditional sense) pretty much the
same thing, it could also be why people say happy. Robin hood and his
Merry Men were they drunk or gay, or maybe they just happy.

I plan on having a Merry Christmas assuming Merry means drunk and not
gay (not that there is anything wrong with that:-)  )

Regards

--
Scott Middleton
Member Society of Linux Professionals (WA)
scott at linuxit.com.au
ph  (08) 9331 8051
fax (08) 6210 1712

Stop being a Microserf and join the revolution of the Penguin.