OT [plug] Xmas and Debian 3.0r1 and XBox

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Dec 20 16:21:35 WST 2002

> *Apparently*  it is not cool to be drunk anymore and to say "have a
> Merry Christmas" means  "have a drunk Christmas". At least that is
> explanation i have been told. Although i have also been told the word
> "merry" and the word "gay" mean (in a traditional sense) pretty much the
> same thing, it could also be why people say happy. Robin hood and his
> Merry Men were they drunk or gay, or maybe they just happy.

<rant>Alternately, we could simply stop pandering to the total bull
that's being thrown about these days, and be mature and sensible - not
fuss over one word or another. So many things like this are /so/ petty
and it irks me to see how many people take it seriously.</rant>

My 2c, not directed at people on-list mind you, but the general attitude
I so often see. I so often feel like shaking someone and yelling, WHY DO
YOU CARE?!? - becuse they so often make big issues of little things.

A Lin--(*smack*is hit over head by RMS)--sorry "GNU/Linux" user *grin*.

Craig Ringer