OT [plug] Xmas and Debian 3.0r1 and XBox

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Fri Dec 20 16:51:59 WST 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 16:21, Craig Ringer wrote:
    > *Apparently*  it is not cool to be drunk anymore and to say "have a
    > Merry Christmas" means  "have a drunk Christmas". At least that is
    > explanation i have been told. Although i have also been told the word
    > "merry" and the word "gay" mean (in a traditional sense) pretty much the
    > same thing, it could also be why people say happy. Robin hood and his
    > Merry Men were they drunk or gay, or maybe they just happy.

    <rant>Alternately, we could simply stop pandering to the total bull
    that's being thrown about these days, and be mature and sensible - not
    fuss over one word or another. So many things like this are /so/ petty
    and it irks me to see how many people take it seriously.</rant>

    My 2c, not directed at people on-list mind you, but the general attitude
    I so often see. I so often feel like shaking someone and yelling, WHY DO
    YOU CARE?!? - becuse they so often make big issues of little things.

On behalf of our mini-PLUG party here at LinuxIT
My apologies for that i meant it as a piss-take on political correctness
as i thought it funny.  I laugh at political correctness as any body who
knows me will testify. and open source is safe OS.

Have a safe merriment :-)

--
Scott Middleton
Member Society of Linux Professionals (WA)
scott at linuxit.com.au
ph  (08) 9331 8051
fax (08) 6210 1712

Stop being a Microserf and join the revolution of the Penguin.