[plug][OT] PC lunacy

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Mon Dec 23 10:38:12 WST 2002

In the UK, the "loony lefties" know no limits. While looking for the
Red Cross article on news.google, I found this one:

    "A primary school headteacher has quit after parents attacked her
decision to ban cameras from the school's nativity play, because of the
risk of paedophiles seeing the images. ..."

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/story.jsp?story=363641&dir=506&host=3

Top that for PC stupidity!!

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, John Knight wrote:

> As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I find it rather amusing that it's seen as
> offensive to Muslims, but not a mention of anyoen else. ;) We're not

Careful there, I think Muslims end up in these threads by an "urban
legend" process. I read of one case where some xmas-related items were
asked to be removed. It turned out to be a mental-health clinic, where
they had a ban on religious literature. Before long, the story went that it
was to avoid offending muslims, which wasnt true.

--
    One seldom sees a monument to a committee.