[plug] accessing MySql

Shayne shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Dec 30 07:27:22 WST 2002

One other suggestion with MySQL....... (Other than that using phpmyadmin
makes for verrrry easy db config) , when using MySQL with MyODBC for
Visbasic & Access, make sure you always stick a datetime stamp AND an
auto_increment field in. For some reason myodbc often chickens out of updating
records that don't have these fields in there... It's a record uniqueness
thing... It took me a *LONG* time to figure that un out (and a highly irate
employer who just didn't accept my "Oh for god sake, lets do this in unix
with python" complaints!).