[plug] hardware comparability - micro atx motherboards/other more portable alternatives?

Bernard bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Feb 5 00:26:49 WST 2002

Daniel,

At a particular computer expo a company was advertising their latest
offering - a mini computer, about the size of a CD-ROM case in
desktop footprint, and maybe an inch or two high. Complete with a
decent size hard drive, CD-ROM, and everything else you'd expect to
find in a standard desktop machine in a tiny package, no space
wasted - mostly laptop components used.

I had a stack of flyers about them, which as timing would have it, I
threw them all out today, but I will rummage through the recycling
tomorrow if you are interested. I'm not sure what the prices were
like, more than desktops obviously, but slightly less than that of
laptops with the lcd panel IIRC.

AND they claimed to be fully compatible with Linux!

Will dig the stuff out in the morning, shouldn't be too far from the
top.

Regards,

Bernard.

--