[plug] hardware comparability - micro atx motherboards/other more portable alternatives?

Daniel cottmain at yahoo.com.au
Mon Feb 4 22:57:46 WST 2002

Hi Plug,
not feeling I could spend the money on a laptop I have been looking at
small systems, thinking of getting something more portable, and choosing a
tft screen.

What about Micro ATX motherboards and compatibility? Aopen seem to have a
list for linux supported motherboards quoting some of their older
models.   I wonder what the chances are that the MX4B would run linux
without a hitch?  Is it just a matter of the intel chipset
compatibility?  I guess there's also the onboard video.

Is this the best way to go about setting up a more portable system? Any
suggestions/ ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel.

micro atx motherboard example
http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/mx4b.htm

case -(air ventilation of sorts) (4kg and way smaller than regular regular
atx cases ~7kg, tft screen ~ 5kg)
15.71"(D)x12.76"(W)x3.74"(H) / 399mm(D)x324mm(W)x95(H)
http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/housing/h340-series.htm