[plug] HotDog

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Tue Feb 5 08:59:37 WST 2002

> > > Whoever said it was necessary?
> >
> > You.
>
> You'll of course provide the quote.

I would but I deleted the email so I don't have it and this machine
isn't really convenient to access the web from so I can't look it up in
the archive.  Even if I could be bothered to do that, which I can't.

So, maybe my recollection is wrong and if so then I apologise.  However,
I recall you saying something to the effect of "I mostly use vim for
editing and pico for small jobs."  Given that there is no minimum size
of file that vim accepts, it would appear that you could use vim for the
small jobs too.  But you don't so, despite pico's awkwardness and almost
ridiculous inferiority in relation to vim, you still use it.  (I find
this odd since I find vim particularly useful for small jobs, partly
because they often turn into large jobs and partly because small jobs
should take a small amount of time and with vim, the editing time is
always minimised.)  Anyway, for all these reasons it appears that you
find pico "necessary" to use or at least "preferable" (i.e., necessary
in order to suit your preference).

Now I can understand people who don't know how to use vim using pico.
But someone who knows vim/vi who continues to use pico just seems really
bizarre!  Either way, my original point was simply this so this will be
my last post on this topic.

--
DSA 0x2A0F80F3: 39F3 4E10 9BE9 E728 A9EE  029C D51D EE53 2A0F 80F3