[plug] Introduction and Queries

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Feb 5 09:43:26 WST 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Matthew Robinson wrote:

> I have found the entry for Perth.pm (the Perth perl mongers) on the web and
> I was wondering how active this group is.  I come from London.pm which is
> extremely active (although most discussions tend to be about Buffy and
> Ponies!) and I am hoping to find something similar (possibly with a little
> less in the way of ponies :)

I have seen little sign of it begin very active at all.  Perhaps if Ben
(Founder or Perth.pm) is willing you could give it a new lease of life.

> Secondly, before I leave the UK I will be backing up my machines using a
> friend's DAT (DDS-3) tape streamer and I was wondering if anyone could
> suggest where I might be able to rent/borrow a similar device in Perth,
> should the need arise to recover some data :(.

Should the worst happen you can bring the DAT's and a number of CD's to my
work.  I can help you restore the data here.  I _will_ make you join PLUG
to show your appreciateion. :)

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein