[plug] HotDog eh?

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Tue Feb 5 11:31:24 WST 2002

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 10:28:15PM +0800, Jonathon Bates wrote:
[ schnippity ]
> Address please! I havn't had funny faces in years! I love em! :)

Mmmmm, funny faces.

> Cya
> batesy
> PS sorry for the OT post!

OT?? Bah! The day funny faces are offtopic on a Linux forum is the day I
give up Linux[0].

[0] And if you don't believe funny faces are ontopic, then you haven't
watched someone new to Un*x/Linux trying to install Debian[1]. :)

[1] And even more to the point, you may not have had a mirror[2] handy when
you're trying to configure something on a Linux system and it's not
working.

[2] As in, the kind that you look in and see yourself. Not the kind where
you store stuff for people to download.

Pete, who considers himself lucky he didn't have a mirror handy when he was
trying to set up a LFS system recently and glibc 2.2.5 refused to compile
with gcc 3.0.3 unless it was configured as a cross-compile (sunrpc? what
the hell does sunrpc have to do with glibc, I ask you? *mumblegrumble*).
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/
Testing can show the presense of bugs, but not their absence.