[plug] HotDog

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri Feb 8 16:39:41 WST 2002

 From Sausage Sizzler February 6th, 2002:
>What operating system do you want to use HotDog Professional on?
>
>Windows 95      1%
>Windows 98      24%
>Windows 2000    23%
>Windows XP      19%
>Windows NT      1%
>Mac             1%
>Linux           30%
>
>Very interesting to see how high Linux polled. We will have to do some
>more market research and see if this is true when a larger sample of
>people is. Creating a Linux version may be something we definitely should do.

I suspect I will have already moved on by the time the Linux HotDog version
comes available, but just to let you know the background of why I have
stuck with it up until now.

Some of you may be aware that I prepare documentation, i.e. hardcopy and
online manuals and online help. And yes, I like doing it specifically for
describing electronics and software. Anyway, way back when, one of my
clients required a cross-platform (Windows and *NIX) online help system and
manuals. I implemented this using a collection of HTML documents. When I
started this project I was not as yet connected to the Internet and
requested a set of floppies from a very puzzled Sausage Software - they
could not figure out why I wanted an HTML editor if I was not connected to
the Internet :)

My selection was based on it being a straight HTML editor from which I
could invoke many different browsers, excellent HTML reference, project
management and the opportunity to upload web material using drag and drop.
Also, it had a neat utility that would strip all the HTML tags from an HTML
document created by MS Word as provided by my client ...

Thank you to those of you that voted and or commented here and suggested
alternatives.

All the best
Jacqueline
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/