[plug] serious now plip win98 <-> linux

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 5 18:19:42 WST 2002

I have that on linux <-> linux over a serial port link - had to turn off
the vj compression (I think) in the client.  Sped up the link amazingly
as everytime there was an error, it took time to recover.  Was not able
to find out why vjc would error on only some packets - and why it worked
for some hours before starting to do it.  If you need more I will be
able to get to the client machine tomorrow (a laptop I left at work) and
get the details from the options file.

I presume you are aware that windoze/linux use different chat scripts
and when connecting to a win machine, its easier to setup linux to mimic
the windows idiosyncrasies than the other way around?

BillK

* love the side posting Leon, wish evolution would support it - maybe a
bug report needed? (i.e., I am too lazy to manually do it!)