[plug] Internet problems with Mandrake8.1

Richard wpickett at iprimus.com.au
Wed Feb 6 10:38:20 WST 2002

I recently installed Mandrake8.1 and there seems to be a problem with
packets getting to and from the internet. I was using Mandrake8 before,
and the internet worked like a charm from first boot-up onwards. I used
all of the same installation settings as with version 8, as far as I
remember. Kppp seems to be fine, the connection with my ISP goes ok and
I can ping and telnet the remote address (my ISP right?), but nothing on
the wider internet is reachable. Any ideas as to what I should be
checking or looking for would be very much appreciated. Anyone else
tried Mandrake8.1 and found any snags of this sort?