[plug] Internet problems with Mandrake8.1

Steve Grasso steveg at calm.wa.gov.au
Wed Feb 6 10:47:13 WST 2002

Hi Richard,

A couple of basic things to look at:

1.  Check you've specified the correct name server(s) in /etc/resolv.conf
eg. something like

nameserver 123.456.789.123
nameserver 234.567.890.123
search iprimus.com.au

(you can look up the primary and secondary nameserver IPs)

2.  For Web browsing, does iPrimus expect you to connect with the Internet
through their proxy?

Regards,
Steve