[plug] RH 7.2 no go

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Thu Feb 7 15:21:20 WST 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 15:17, Patrick Tehvand wrote:
> Well.
>
> Here is the story:
> I have installed a bare bones RH7.2 on an older re:p2 300 to play with
> as a gateway (0 experience with this). Unfortunatly when i reboot the
> process stops at the point lilo kicks in.
>
> I have been told that this is cause i need to make a boot partition in
> the forst 1024 cylinders of the drive.
>
> In the words of the imortal generic aerican indian "How!"

Go into your BIOS and I'd suggest trying to change the addressing mode
of you harddrive to LBA32. That ought to fix it, but you might need to
boot off the cd and then run lilo again.

Grahame Bowland                       Email: grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
University Communications Services    Phone: +61 8 9380 1175
The University of Western Australia     Fax: +61 8 9380 1109
                                     CRICOS: 00126G