[plug] WASP?

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Feb 8 12:06:15 WST 2002

Bret Busby wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Brad Campbell wrote:
>

> > Bret Busby wrote:
> > >
> > > intercepted by another ISP in Perth, and, has bounced.
> >
> > I'm wondering..  Did you call the abovementioned peopled directly?
>
> No. I do not know them; only that they appear to have intercepted the
> email and to have caused it to bounce. The interception was unexpected and
> appeared suspicious. The involvement of bekkers.com.au, was completely
> unexpected. I was not aware what bekkers was, until I input the IP address
> into a browser window, to find the website.

To the untrained eye, and jumping to a large conclusion without investigating
the relevant facts (Sounds like me. No ?)
Perhaps the person you were sending to is virtually hosted by bekkers and they
have a simple mail mis-configuration. From here, given the lack of info you
have provided, it looks like the wasp mail server has done the right thing and
there is no problem on that end. Hard to tell with the recipient info edited out.

Perhaps do a dig mx on the recipient domain name and see who hosts the relevant
mail server?

Oh, and my last E-mail was badly formed. what I meant to ask was did you pick
up the phone and call WASP? They were the people I was refering to.

--
Brad....
                   /"\