[plug] WASP?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Feb 8 11:49:07 WST 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Brad Campbell wrote:

> Bret Busby wrote:
> >
> > intercepted by another ISP in Perth, and, has bounced.
>
> I'm wondering..  Did you call the abovementioned peopled directly?

No. I do not know them; only that they appear to have intercepted the
email and to have caused it to bounce. The interception was unexpected and
appeared suspicious. The involvement of bekkers.com.au, was completely
unexpected. I was not aware what bekkers was, until I input the IP address
into a browser window, to find the website.

An edited version (for privacy) of the bounce message, appears below.

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, it was written:

> Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 02:36:02 +0800
> From: "Courier mail server at wasp.net.au" <"">
> To: bret at busby.net
> Subject: NOTICE: mail delivery status.
>    2   Shown      1 KB     Message, "Delivery Status"

> This is a delivery status notification from wasp.net.au,
> running the Courier mail server, version 0.34.0.

>                            UNDELIVERABLE MAIL
>
> Your message to the following recipients cannot be delivered:
>

>     <****>
>     elmer.bekkers.com.au [203.17.29.1]:
> <<< 550 <***>... Relaying denied

> If your message was also sent to additional recipients, their delivery
> status is not included in this report.  You may or may not receive
> other delivery status notifications for additional recipients.
>
> The original message follows as a separate attachment.
>

>     [ Part 2: "Delivery Status" ]
>
> Reporting-MTA: dns; wasp.net.au
> Arrival-Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 02:36:01 +0800
> Received-From-MTA: dns; *****
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822; ***********
> Action: failed
> Remote-MTA: dns; elmer.bekkers.com.au [203.17.29.1]
> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 <******>... Relaying denied

No attempt at relaying, by me, was involved; the simple sending of a
simple email, was all that I attempted.

--
Bret Busby