[plug] WASP?

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Fri Feb 8 12:44:02 WST 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Bret Busby wrote:

> Has someone hacked WASP?

Bret, may I remind you that this is the mailing list for the
Perth Linux Users Group?

What part of that title suggests it is also the "let's have a whinge and
make slanderous comments about ISPs" list?

If you have an issue with an ISP, take it up with the ISP please.
DON'T whinge about it here.

> Email that I have tried to send out, via WASP, appears to have been
> intercepted by another ISP in Perth, and, has bounced.

>     elmer.bekkers.com.au [203.17.29.1]:
> <<< 550 <***>... Relaying denied

And I suggest you do some research before shooting your mouth off.
That message means the REMOTE mail server (that you tried to send to) has
responded with "relaying denied" - which means that
a) the remote mail server has not been configured to accept email for
   whatever domain you were sending to
and

b) one of the MX records for that domain points to that mail server.

btw Please note that as I am not currently employed by WASP Internet,
these comments do not reflect their opinion, merely my own.

Please also note that if you, or anyone else on this list, sends any more
slanderous comments such as these to this mailing list, they will be
summarily banned from it.

Regards,

 - Matt
PLUG ListAdmin.