[plug] Relaying through sendmail

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Fri Feb 8 15:02:09 WST 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 02:48:52PM +0800, Jonathon Bates wrote:
> Heya guys im running sendmail 8.11 and I am wanting to
> have my bro use sendmailfrom his desktop (he is  currently
> stting his his smtp to iinets)
>
> How can I stop getting the relaying deinied errors that
> I always end up with?

You'll probably have a file /etc/mail/access. Add to this the line:

ip.num.of.bro    RELAY

(it'll probbaly already have similar lines for 127.0.0.1 and localhost)

Then, while you're in the /etc/mail directory, type:
make

I can't remember if you need to then restart sendmail or if make does
that for you.

Colin