[plug] Relaying through sendmail

Brian Tombleson brian at paradigmit.com.au
Fri Feb 8 16:56:09 WST 2002

> > > How can I stop getting the relaying deinied errors that
> > > I always end up with?

> > Or add the hostname to /etc/mail/relay-domains, although I think this
> > changes depending on which sendmail package/phase of the moon you try it
> > in :-)
>
> Obviously this is completely wrong and I really need to sleep more :-)

No, it's not wrong - it just depends on your version of sendmail and the
default configuration that comes with it. The current potato version uses
this file as default, the RH of the same release era use the
/etc/mail/access (and others!).

Note: it's configurable with your sendmail.mc (or .cf - not recommended).

- Brian.