[plug] Long kernel-linked PCMCIA delay?

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 21:22:13 WST 2002

Howdy all,

I have Debian potato installed on my new Toshiba
Satellite 2650XDVD (the one Wayne was selling last
week... thank you sire :)

I've set up PCMCIA to work with my Xircom RealPort2
FastEthernet card (it's using the tulip_cb driver). On
the default 2.2.17 this worked fine.

I upgraded to 2.2.18 so I could use ext3, and compiled
my own pcmcia modules from the pcmcia-source package.
Everything still works, but now when pump tries to get
an IP for the machine, it takes about 40 seconds (as
opposed to 5 seconds for 2.2.17).

I've rebooted to 2.2.17 and confirmed that's it's
solely the new kernel (and hence pcmcia module) that
is the problem.

Any ideas, anyone?

TIA
Andrew

=====
"One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".

http://greetings.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Greetings
- Send your Valentines love online.