[plug] debian installed - where to now?!

Peter Wilsmore djinn at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Feb 11 07:48:36 WST 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 06:24:11AM -0800, Wayne Vovil wrote:
> Hi
>
> Well Debian 2.2r2 is installed on my DELL Latitude C600 notebook (850 Mhz, 25kMB RAM, 10GB HDD, DVD). It didn't recognise my Video card, and asked if it should make VGA16-X the default (I said no).

In order to fix your video problems you have another option other than
the one already suggested - you can use the frame buffer device with
vesa(2) support. This means you can not get hardware acceleration but
most people do not use this anyway. If you don't feel like reading
endless documentation on how to configure this to try and work it out
for your self then email me and I well send you something that I wrote
up that should help a little.

thanks,
  the Djinn