[plug] debian notebook video card

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Mon Feb 11 11:40:17 WST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 10:28:38AM +0800, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Wayne Vovil wrote:
> > What steps do I need to take or what can I read to do a manual
> > configure? Or should I apt to "Woody??" and then try to configure vid
> > card?
>
> Probably apting up to 2.2r5 would help BUT woody will give you X4
> and woody is solid.

Wayne, just make sure you're using XFree86 version 4. Everything else
should just fall into place once you've got that.

Hmmm... does anyone know if there's a single fake package or something that
you can use to upgrade to XFree86 4? Something like:

apt-get install task-xserver4

?

> Yours Tony.

Pete.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/
Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.