Trouble with Tseng ISA (was Re: [plug] debian notebook video card)

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Feb 11 12:44:00 WST 2002

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:40:17 +0800 Pete wrote:

> Hmmm... does anyone know if there's a single fake package or something that
> you can use to upgrade to XFree86 4? Something like:
>
> apt-get install task-xserver4

Pete, Tony, and others,

I'm having trouble getting an ISA Tseng video card to be seen by XFree86 4. Is ISA supported yet ? The design docs suggest PCI is and ISA "will be". If ISA can be used, what do I need in the XFConfig86-4 file ?

Otherwise (to extend Pete's question) ...

... does anyone know if there's a single fake package or something that
 you can use to downgrade to XFree86 3? Something like:

apt-get install task-xserver3 :)

(It could be that the tseng driver is not detecting this particular tseng based ISA board.)

cu
Harry