[plug] Windows X-client

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Feb 12 00:41:31 WST 2002

> VNC works so well for me that I'm not even looking at Windows X servers
> anymore.
Got to agree there, just set it up for the firewall now we're going back
to 56k (*sigh* telstra must die) so all the machines can dialout just as
easily (I've got button-pushers at home so GUI is required)

I'll second you on the slow win32 vncserver though... its frustrating as
hell. I need remote access for the NT box at work because, of course it
doesn't have a CLI worth a damnn or ssh support - so of course VNC runs
like a pig just to make life harder.

Basically in my experience currently vnc server only works well under
*nix* working as an xserver, though vnc client works well on everything.