[plug] Mgetty & INIT

Simon Fryer fryers at rcpt.to
Tue Feb 12 23:21:35 WST 2002

Evening

I am afraid I don't have my linux box happy at the moment so I can't
check the correct syntax. I have a couple os suggestions though.

kill -1 1
to restart init and look for any errors dumped to the screen.

Do a ps to make sure that init is actually running mgetty. Hook up
another machine (dumb term or PC running telix is ideal) to see what is
being generated out of the serial port. If you are handy with a soldering
iron, RS232 will piggyback to help with debuging it. Syntax looks correct but
I don't have a man page for mgetty handy so I can not help there.

Good luck.

> A while ago Andrew Pamment tapped:

> Andrew Barbara wrote:
>
> >>S0:2345:respawn:/sbin/mgetty -D -x 1 -n 1 ttyS0
>
> why dont you set your log level to lots then see if that gives you more
> of a clue
>
> -x 9

See Ya
Simon