[plug] Sound card dramas

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Feb 13 18:37:49 WST 2002

> Hmmm I wonder if I can somehow make diablo 2 work in linux... ;-)
Actually, it runs very well under Linux :-) (thank you WINE!)
You have to run in DirectDraw mode not D3D but that may change with
recent developments ( the D3D->OpenGL translation layer &/or WineX)

> Ps. As I am writing this in windoze while I beat my soundblaster with a
> hammer
NOOoooo....
The windows Live drivers are _crap_ but then so are the Audigy drivers... it just seems to be Creative's thing. However I find the SB Live to be a really nice card under Linux (and pretty good under Windows once you get the machine to both boot _and_ load the live drivers, as opposed to one _or_ the other).

--
Craig Ringer                                       IT Manager, POST Newspapers
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/           http://oberthur.dyndns.org/~craig/