[plug] Sound card dramas

Clint Carlson clintcar at dingoblue.net.au
Tue Feb 12 15:13:10 WST 2002

Ryan Wrote:

> The common thread here is Creative, Linux and Windows, but I'm not
blaming
> Linux.  > the Windows drivers don't even come close to  > it, so I'm
> convinced it's the dodgy Windows drivers/Creative stuff.

Crap. Well I am waiting for a reply from creative tech support (they
guarantee a reply in 48 hrs... how prompt of them) which may shed some
light on the issue. Or may not. Looks like it's time to crank up the on
board sound, but no surround sound  or EAX ... sniff :-(

Hmmm I wonder if I can somehow make diablo 2 work in linux... ;-)

Ps. As I am writing this in windoze while I beat my soundblaster with a
hammer, I am shocked and dismayed to leard that the word spellchecker
does not recognise 'linux' ... how suprising.

Clint Carlson