[plug] iinet dialup

Paul Day bonfire at bur.st
Thu Feb 14 09:30:01 WST 2002

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, J Michael Gilks wrote:
> Try ringing iinet support. When they tell you they are not cutting you off,
> tell them you are looking at your logs, which say they are.

How can logs at your end possibly tell wether the access server received a
kill message or wether the line dropped?

> They don't seem
> to get a lot of people who can help themselves on this line. When they tell
> you to cut your connection, ask for their discount on fees, since you are
> paying for a possible 56k connection.

No, you're not actually. No-where in the iiNet SFOA do they offer service
level agreements saying "we guarantee a 56kb/s modem connection 100% of
the time". You'll notice, like the vast majority if ISPs/accounts, they go
to lengths to stress that there are absolutely no guarantees at all.

> This problem has happened to
> individuals before and all you can do is convince them you know what you are
> talking about,

;)

> then they will fix it. When this happened to me, despite all
> their assurances, the problem was at their end and not fixed until after the
> phone call.

So what was the _actual_ problem in your case? Mica firmware upgrade on
the access sevrers that didn't agree with your particular brand/model of
modem?

PD

--
Paul Day     Web: www.bur.st/~bonfire