[plug] SIG

Anne Busby anne at busby.net
Wed Feb 20 19:49:21 WST 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Wayne Vovil wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have just started the Perth Linux User Group SIG which will cover professional linux usage and application development. It will entail topics such as Certification, script programming, Java and Python development, RDBMS usage etc etc.
>
> The first meeting will be announced shortly, this will be at IBM West Perth. The first meeting topics will include:
>
>  An introduction as to the aims of the SIG
>  Overview of IBM Linux products and support
>  Suggestions from the floor as to future topics
>
> A prize will be drawn on the evening.
>
> Further details will be posted as soon as available.
>
> Regards
>
> Wayne
> PS Skribe, could you set up a list if you think a separate one is neccessary (eg appdev or sig or whatever).

As well as the plug meeting nights some other nights to advoid are

* SEA WA meeting - 2nd tues day of the month (before the plug
meeting time wise)
* Cold Fusion UG - 2nd wed day of the month
* ACS  - a monday night (I think)  - not sure when in the month

* Thursday nights - otherwise I cannot come (this semester anyway :->  ).

Anne B