[plug] Staroffice mail setup question

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Thu Feb 21 22:53:17 WST 2002

Hello PLUG members.

I've drawn a blank in StarOffice's FAQ and in a general web search so, can
I set up StarOffice 5.2's mail client to leave messages on the POP server
for a defined period of time?  If so, how?

Reason for this query -- I read mail from several machines and desire to
have reasonable synchrony between the inboxes on all machines.  By setting
all clients to delete after X days then as long as I read mail from each
machine within the X-day period I get to have that synchrony.  IMAP is not
an option in my situation and I'm not sure that SO does it anyway -- have
not found anything beyond the mail setup dialogue.

FWIW, StarOffice 5.2 default installation under GNU/Debian 2.2r5

TIA,
Denis