[plug] Short connects solved - am I pissed!!!!

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Feb 22 15:53:09 WST 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Anthony Jones wrote:

> Isn't there a setting which is the minimum time between + characters for it
> to respond?

The whole problem is caused because many (most?) modems do NOT check for
any delay around the +++ like they are supposed to, if they were truly
Hayes-compatible. I heard they had a patent on it.

--
  "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings.
   And folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And