[plug] neo's wm

Andrew Pamment apamment at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 10:06:37 WST 2002

John Knight wrote:

 > Enough of this twaddle! The question was, "does anyone know what
 > Window  Manager Neo's using, near the start of the Matrix?"

no idea. but proberly the same one they use in hackers. don't you think
if it was a window manager it would be plastered over that window
manager's website? or at least have gotten a mention on slashdot?

there's not, which speaks of some grand conspiracy to hide the truth
from us, or perhaps that it's not a wm.

besides i doubt that anyone would have gotten a product placement like
that for free. sure, to have some sort of open source windowmanager
would give the right feel for this type of movie, but the people who
would have recognised it would have been very very few, and i expect
that the art guys proberly designed something to match the feel of neo's
room, and help create the atmosphere, rather than mess around with
window managers. besides, if they decided they didn't like it, and i
reckon directors on films are proberly picky people, if they added it in
later, it would be a lot easier than paying keeanu reeves another
million dollars to pretend to be asleep listening to music while they
filmed the computer again because the director didn't like it.

anyway, just my thoughts, i don't think you're going to get any better
answers unless perhaps you write to warner bros.

there are proberly plenty of e themes or sawfish themes to give you the
same kind of look if that's what you want.

andrew

--
If you want to know what God thinks of money,
    just look at those he gives it to.