[plug] gnome program launchers

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sun Feb 24 23:17:05 WST 2002

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 10:58:55PM +0800, Peter J. Nicol wrote:
> Oh, Fun !
>
> nah ... I copied the file, removed the .sh, edited the symlink ...
>
> still not working.
>
> This is to get LimeWire working, btw ... anyone got a better way?
apt-get install kdebase :)
or equivalent.

Alternately, I'm stuck for ideas, after using Gnome for years, I
still ran things from xterms. Cool to watch that debugging output
whiz by.

But so long as the symlink itself has no extension and is a link to
something executable, it seems fine. How about putting the script
itself into ~/.gnome-desktop without symlinking it?

B.

--
 Bernard Blackham
 bernard at blackham.com.au