[plug] kernel package

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Mon Feb 25 15:50:28 WST 2002

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 12:41, Sol wrote:
> hello, hello, hello, said the policman with three heads,
>
> I've just recompiled my kernel (2.4.16) because I don't think I had scsi
> support set correctly. I've then gone to "make-kpkg -rev feb25
> kernel-image" and come up with the message:"I note that you are using
> the --revision flag with the value feb25. However, the
> ./debian/changelog file exists, and has a different value config. I am
> confused by this discrepancy, and am halting."
>
> I've tried moving the changelog to the tmp directory (I didn't want to
> rm it) so the program couldn't find it; replaced it with and empty file,
> and tried it again with the old file, all to no avail. How can I get
> over this annoying hurdle?

"rm -rf debian" will probably do the trick; you don't need to have any
debian/ subdirectories for kpkg to work. Just be careful that any initd
stuff you need works.

To be really careful read debian/rules debian/x.postinst, etc and check
what it does.

Grahame Bowland                       Email: grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
University Communications Services    Phone: +61 8 9380 1175
The University of Western Australia     Fax: +61 8 9380 1109
                                     CRICOS: 00126G