[plug] kernel package

Sol solhanna at dingoblue.net.au
Mon Feb 25 12:41:41 WST 2002

hello, hello, hello, said the policman with three heads,

I've just recompiled my kernel (2.4.16) because I don't think I had scsi
support set correctly. I've then gone to "make-kpkg -rev feb25
kernel-image" and come up with the message:"I note that you are using
the --revision flag with the value feb25. However, the
./debian/changelog file exists, and has a different value config. I am
confused by this discrepancy, and am halting."

I've tried moving the changelog to the tmp directory (I didn't want to
rm it) so the program couldn't find it; replaced it with and empty file,
and tried it again with the old file, all to no avail. How can I get
over this annoying hurdle?

regards,

Sol