[plug] Success: 3 x Mandrake in TAFE library!

Daniel cottmain at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 26 07:48:37 WST 2002

Hi, just to let you know we have had some success.

The 3 sets of 3 cds are in generic covers, not version specific, so they
can be swapped as an update comes out with minimal work for the library
staff.  I chose Mandrake because I thought it was the simplest installation
for first time computer users, and many of those studying unix could make
good use of this.  They are available for weekly loan.

I also hope to get versions 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 of Redhat in there because the
students use it in their studies.

We'll look at the borrowing stats before asking them to take on other distros.

Cheers,
Daniel.