[plug] Success: 3 x Mandrake in TAFE library!

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Feb 26 21:46:08 WST 2002

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:48:37 +0800
Daniel <cottmain at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Hi, just to let you know we have had some success.
>
> The 3 sets of 3 cds are in generic covers, not version specific, so they
> can be swapped as an update comes out with minimal work for the library
> staff.  I chose Mandrake because I thought it was the simplest installation
> for first time computer users, and many of those studying unix could make
> good use of this.  They are available for weekly loan.
>
> I also hope to get versions 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 of Redhat in there because the
> students use it in their studies.
>
> We'll look at the borrowing stats before asking them to take on other distros.

Woohoo :)

This is really good to hear given the reluctance from some of the library people. Good on yer :)
As you say .. we can do other fancy labelling as the distro progresses. Now .. which library (-ies) are they in or can we request them at any library? I wouldn't mind requesting Mandrake to see how it behaves ;-)

All the best
Harry