[plug] Missing KDE taskbar

Richard wpickett at iprimus.com.au
Tue Feb 26 14:53:16 WST 2002

Yesterday I logged into my everyday account and when I started X the KDE
task bar did not appear. The rest of the desktop was fine (background,
icons etc.), but no taskbar. I shutdown and re-started X to no avail. I
then shutdown X and logged out of the account, logged back in, started X
and the taskbar was there. Today however, I've had the same problem, but
no matter what I do I am unable to get the taskbar back. The taskbar is
perfectly ok in the other two accounts I have on my system (root and
another). Is there a way of manually starting the taskbar from within
KDE? Has anyone else had a similar experience? My system is Mandrake8.1.