[plug] Help required, after crash cannot start X

brockie at iinet.net.au brockie at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 27 11:22:30 WST 2002

Hi Guys

I have a major drama, after installing Win4Lin 3.0 on my Mandrake 8.1 box, things were running great, THEN I had a free of my desktop, not while Win4Lin was running though and I had no choice (that I am aware of anyway) of sorting everything out except using the old 3 finger shuffle (C-A-D)

Now when I restart using either of the Win4Lin or Linux startups through the boot manager, I can get to the text interface and login etc but I cannot start X, I get an error of:

Fatal Server Error:
can't read lock file /tmp/.X0-lock

Can anyone help

Thanks heaps