[plug] Help required, after crash cannot start X

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Feb 27 12:15:04 WST 2002

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, brockie at iinet.net.au wrote:

> can't read lock file /tmp/.X0-lock

Did you look at that file? Does it exist? Permissions?
Deleting stale locks can help, but an X server should be running as root
and able to read anything.
 My wild guess is that your X server is running without SUID.

Which X version? Check for SUID permissions on Xwrapper or your server.

--
  "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings.
   And folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And