[plug] mplayer was(Re:Window Managers)

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 23:21:53 WST 2002

I must warn you that the Hungarians that make mplayer are rather hostile and
always reply with "RTFM"! The best thing to do would be to find out where
your mplayer executable is held. For all users to access it, its optimal
installation directory (of which it should take first preference, assuming
that you have an up to date version) is /usr/locl/bin, if it's not in there,
but actually somewhere in /root, then it's "problem solvered". If you're
typing out "mplayer" from anywhere instead of /usr/local/bin, make sure that
it's in your path (you'll need to RTFM on paths for this).

If you're saying that it works but some files don't run etc, make sure that
codecs.conf is copied into ~/.mplayer/.

seeya then!
en_GB KDE guy (otherwise known as anarchist tomato, nhoJ, John or anarchsit
tomato when I mistype)!