[plug] CDROM weirdness

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 09:35:42 WST 2002

Howdy folks (Happy New Year and all that).

I have an Acer 12/8/32 CDRW drive, so I'm using SCSI
emulation. It seems to work fine, but for one nagging
problem...

When I use dd and md5sum to verify CDs I burn, dd
seems to read slightly more than the original image
(maybe 4-8 kb). I'm guessing this is the fixating
section of the CD. If I use count= , the md5sum
matches that of the original ISO. Hence the CD does
work, but it's very annoying having to specify the
count value.

My CDROM at home has no trouble with CDs burned from
this burner (dd gets the correct size). I've also
noticed it (the CDRW) has much the same problem with
some pressed CDs (but not all).

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA,
Andrew

=====
"One Architecture, One OS" also translates as "One Egg, One Basket".

http://my.yahoo.com.au - My Yahoo!
- It's My Yahoo! Get your own!