[plug] RealPlayer XMMS plugin

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jan 3 12:43:35 WST 2002

Hi all
I remember a while ago I asked about getting RealPlayer working with the
VIA cxCRAP AC97 Audio Controller. Well, I got it working, and as a few
others expressed having similar problems with RealPlayer's... odd... OSS
dsp handling, thought I'd mention it.

There is an xmms plugin, rmxmms, that uses an installed copy of
RealPlayer 8 as a decoding filter or something and feeds the output
through XMMS. Good for those of you using aRts, ALSA, esd (only
technically working in realplayer), or crap OSS
drivers.

Works wonders... and that way you can use the DiskWriter plugin to
record shows if you're not there using cron and xxms-console. *woohoo*

Now I just have to figure out how to stream the diskwriter output to
lame or the vorbis encoder. Ideas anybody?

URLs for plugin:
http://xmms.org/plugins_input.html
ftp://ftp.xmms.org/xmms/plugins/rmxmms/libreal.so
ftp://ftp.xmms.org/xmms/plugins/rmxmms/

--
Craig Ringer
IT Manager, POST Newspapers