[plug] mplayer was(Re:Window Managers)

Arkem arkem at mornmist.2y.net
Thu Jan 3 13:10:05 WST 2002

> Whack it in /usr/local/bin, it's not worth the effort and trouble
> of reconfiguring everything, it either looks in ~/something or
> /usr/local/bin, putting it elsewhere will stuff it up no end. Have
> you actually got codecs.conf in your ~/.mplayer dir? If not, it's
> somewhere in the source tree.

I've finally got this sorted for those who are interested. It looks
like there was a copy of mplayer in /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin, root
doesn't seem to have /usr/local/bin in its path so used the /usr/bin
one. The /usr/loca/bin must of been compiled incorectly or something
and thus the segfaults. I recompiled it and it still didn't work and
then I realised that the skins in /usr/local/mplayer/Skins/ weren't
readable by users. Also it was about this time I realised that I
didn't have mtrr support in my kernel and that this was a bad thing.

I've fixed all of those problems and everything is peachy.

Thanks for the help,
Paul C